Saturday, February 9, 2013

Monotypes

'Perched', Monotype on Stonehedge paper, 24x17 $350

This monotype is probably my favorite of the series I did at Don's studio. It, however, has put me through the changes. First I dropped it and creased it. Then I tried to save it by moistening it, putting it under my glass palette with books on top. I didn't realize it was still damp when I took it out and it rippled. So I moistened it again and put it between wood with books on top and it was water stained around the edges! Holy cow! Well at least the part that is printed is unharmed. It will have to be matted rather than floated. It is still my fave. Funny!

 'Chinese New Year', Monotype on Stonehedge paper, $425

 'Healdsburg', Monotype on Stonehedge paper, $425

 'Taking Flight', Monotype on Stonehedge paper, $425
'Bojangle',  Monotype on Stonehedge paper, $300

'Angel', Monotype on Stonehedge paper, SOLD

1 comment:

arts said...

great abstracts!