Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shakti

Shakti, Oil on canvas, 48"x48"

I am close to finishing two of the paintings I have been working on.
Both of them are large. The commission is getting very close. I
hope it is ready to sign tomorrow. I would love any feedback on
this painting, and if you like it as it is, what would you name it?
This painting has been a challenge, maybe because it is square?
It is 48"x48". As you know I love painting large. Well enough
said. If I go on anymore it will just be rambling.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm always the last person to know if a painting is done, but I think as it is now, I might title it something like "Abundance". This looks like overflowing food in a garden to me. Food ready to be harvested.

georgia long said...

When to stop. Always the burning question.

I like the edge work and colors with the darks in the center. I like the green slash, joining the top to the bottom of the composition. Your eye flows. The balance of the greens and oranges are fine. I might add some more plum [color on the right edge between the brown and orange. But where... maybe inbetween the two dark legs at the bottom of the painting. Naming this, that will have to be you. Looking good

jbkrost said...

this is very nice...
you'll know when its finished, no need to rush

DJ said...

OH, Katherine! This is so luscious and fresh...
It may be my fave painting you've posted since I've added you to my blogroll...
I enlarged it and enjoyed it up close...wow.

Katherine said...

Leslie thank you for the feedback and the suggestion for a title, it reminded me of a harvest also.

Katherine said...

Thank you Georgia for your suggestion I am will take it under consideration when I return to my studio tomorrow.

Katherine said...

Thank you for your support JB!

Katherine said...

DJ it is so wonderful to have someone respond to a piece of work enthusiastically. Thank you.