Monday, April 4, 2011

Guardino Show











I have just returned from Portland and my opening at Guardino Gallery.
It was a raging success as far as openings go. Hundreds of people came
and everyone showing sold a piece. Bouquets were delivered and friends
from the internet met for the first time. I saw someone from high school
and met a collector for the first time (you know who you are!). Maria
Wickwire, sculptress for the show was a delight to meet. Donna and her
daughter in law held down the fort with true grace! I had a blast.
It would have been perfect if I hadn't been physically challenged and blew
up like the Michelin man...doing nothing great for my ego. Ah well!

I started the event by meeting up with the extraordinarily interesting
Richard Speer, art critic, and someone I feel fortunate to call a friend,
for lunch. I also had the pleasure of meeting and lunching with artist
Dorothy Goode, Richard's woman friend. We started out a little rocky
as she arrived first, and recognizing her from photos I introduced myself
by saying "You must be Martha?" ...well...since her name is Dorothy
and unbeknownst to me Richards ex is Martha she gave me a very strange
look. We worked it out and she thought I should call her 'babe', which I did,
in fact, for the duration of our lunch. I had a wonderful time and Richard
enjoyed the show. His review can be read here:
http://www.wweek.com/portland/event-52977-katherine_treffinger.html

Now I am ready to paint.

20 comments:

Crimsonfirestudios said...

Beautiful paintings! They look wonderful along with the sculpture.

Katherine said...

Thank you Michelle. Donna Guardino is truly a master at matching artists.

Dianna Woolley said...

Your work looks stunning, Katherine! Congratulations! Nice review too!

xo

Teri said...

The show looks great Katherine! The colors look wonderful on the wall with all that great natural light coming in from outside. You should be very pleased with yourself. I am happy that it was well attended. Congrats!

Stan Kurth said...

Bravo!

Susan Roux said...

Your sow looks fantastic. I especially like the one placed above the sculpture's extended arm. Curating is such an important piece. This one looks very well done. Congrats!

Katherine said...

Thanks so much Dianna! It was so very fun.

Katherine said...

Teri thanks so much. Yes the gallery had so much wonderful light streaming in. And, yes, I suppose I am pleased. :^}

Katherine said...

Thanks Stan.

Katherine said...

Susan I felt the same about the painting above the extended arm. Donna is the best a pairing artists. She amazed me at her speed and ability in putting the show together.
We started at 10:30, she put the sculptures out and then the paintings, I leveled and labeled them and by 12:30 it was a show, amazing!

jbkrost said...

good for you Katherine!!
looks and sounds like it was quite a show, the art looks quite impressive!

Katherine said...

Thanks JB I had a good time. It is nice to get a good reception after so much work. I feel blessed to have that experience. The location of the gallery is fun in itself.

Sharon Barfoot said...

Looks like a fabulous show Katherine. Congratulations.

Katherine said...

Thanks Zappha. It's always good to hear from you.

Don Gray said...

The show looks fabulous, Katherine--congratulations!

Katherine said...

Thank you Don for virtually visiting the show!

annell4 said...

Wonderful work. Beautiful show!

Katherine said...

Annell! How great to hear from you! Thank you. Just took the show down Tuesday, it was a good experience, I even sold a few pieces.

DJ said...

Congratulations on a stunning show; stay up on cloud nine as long as you like. It's well-deserved!

Katherine said...

Thank you DJ. The show was 11 months ago.