Monday, February 23, 2009

Radio Flyer

Oil on canvas 9x6 SOLD


I decided to post this piece that I did last summer as a reminder to just play when I go in to the studio today. Now that I have started a blog the pressure is on and I don't work well that way.
Of course the other thing is that it hardly ever only takes a day for a painting to happen no matter how small it is. I keep it around and go back into it several times. Many times I have to let the oil paint dry so I can successfully go back in the way I want. This painting was fast and fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this piece is the result of play then you really must play more often. I love it! Your banner is wonderful too!

Welcome to the blogosphere, Katherine.

Katherine said...

Robyn! So nice to hear from you. How's life in your part of the world? What season are you in? I forget if we have the same seasons at the same time.

Thanks so much for the encouragement to play, always the best endeavor!