Monday, April 19, 2010

Georgia (after Alfred Stieglitz)

"Georgia (after Alfred Stieglitz) Charcoal on paper, 11x8.5, SOLD
I did no art this weekend. Had a lovely visit with Colleen
Sargen, curator of the Willow Gallery in Walla Walla and
talented artist. We met in town and on the way to my studio
we saw a herd of 8 Prong Horn Antelope. Awesome!
We stopped and got out of the car to get a closer look
and they were so curious they came toward us. I found out
this weekend that they go an entire lifetime without drinking
water, they get enough moisture from the plants they eat,
which includes desert sage.

I was looking through my pictures of art to see what I
had not posted on my blog. I found this drawing I did
9 years ago from a photo of Alfred Stieglitz's of
Georgia O'Keefe. It sold somewhere along the line.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, aside from a torrential
downpour including winds and lightening and thunder, we had
a beautiful sunny weekend.

www.ourlivingdream.blogspot.com

2 comments:

dwoolley@charter.net said...

Hi Katherine, I'm jealous of your seeing the pronghorns. We're always hoping for a sighting when we travel through the Columbia River Gorge - not yet - anyway, exciting for you and Colleen.

I love the drawing of GEORGIA. Really beautiful!

xo

Katherine said...

Dianna if I hadn't seen them I would be jealous also! They are so awesome the first time I saw them I didn't know what they were. Thanks about my drawing. I need to get back to drawing. It is so hard on my hands!