Monday, May 24, 2010

Bill Gingles- Art and Meaning

"Red and Gray", Acrylic on canvas, 16"x12"

"What is the meaning of doing art for you?"

If I'm doing art it means I'm alive! I say that because
I really don't know what it feels like to be anything
other than an artist. Painting for me is not something
I do in the way, say, a hobbyist collects stamps. A
hobbyist can stop or change hobbies. That option is not
there for me: I have no choice but to make art. It's
what I am and what I do comes from that, sometimes
easily and sometimes not! I have to make images and
painting is the medium in which I choose to make them.

Bill's website is: http://www.billgingles.net
His email is: billgingles@gmail.com

6 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

I'm a fan of Bill's work and reading his words is an added bonus! thanks Katherine and Bill, :)

Katherine said...

Thank you Jeane. I am so glad Bill responded and loved reading what he had to say.

ArtPropelled said...

Another big fan here! I agree whole heartedly with Bill's response to the question.

Katherine said...

Robyn I found Bill on your blog.

RK said...

love it.

Katherine said...

Thanks for the visit Rachel.