Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Daniel

Oil on canvas, 48x36, $1800 plus shipping
If you are interested in this painting please
email me at katherine@katherinetrefffinger.com

It is a bit daunting to follow a realist painter.
I decided to put a figurative piece in, which actually
feels more risky than one of my abstracts. Well, hey,
if it wasn't for risks I wouldn't be an artist.

My partner is a screenwriter and Daniel is one of his
collaborative partners. He is a really bright and
imaginative young man.

10 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

Katherine, this is a wonderful painting -

Sunrise Sister said...

Your painting of "Daniel" is so lovely. I remember seeing it at a Carnegie Art Center exhibit and for some reason, not even knowing the person, found it so intriguing. A friend asked me later if I thought you were portraying Jesus.....maybe that's why I found it intriguing, but had not thought of that angle consciously. I don't know if Daniel would like that comparison but I thought it quite nice!

San said...

Beautiful figurative work. I came over from Mary Ann's. Glad I did!

Katherine said...

Jeane thank you very much.

Katherine said...

Dianna, Daniel would not mind nor would he think it about him. He's just not that kind of person. Jesus was not my intention but I almost named it 'If he walked among us now'. So there you go.

Katherine said...

San nice to meet you. Hope you come back.

M.A. Wakeley said...

Katherine, I love this piece. Regardless of style, your work is excellent.

Katherine said...

Thank you so very much Mary Ann!

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

You are amazing! I love your abstracts but your figurative painting is stunning. I love how you have the paint dripping in certain elements in the background.

Katherine said...

Thank you Cathy. I really struggled with this painting trying to achieve a looseness I never reached, but in the end I was happy with it.