Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pollination

Oil on canvas, 48"x36" $1800 plus shipping
If you are interested in this painting please
email me at katherine@katherinetreffinger.com

It is amazing how the sun coming out can make
a difference in one's attitude. I think it is a symbolic
event as well as actual. I know it affects our bodies
and provides goodies we need. It makes everything
look more beautiful (if you are somewhere beautiful
that is). It gives hope on the deeper levels, the symbolic
gesture of light appearing and the clouds disappearing.
The sun is there when it is cloudy, we just don't see it.
It is sunny here today and the forecast is sun, sun, sun.
Light is a great thing.

13 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

this is gorgeous painting Katherine - this is one I wish I could see in person!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

These are some beautiful reds!!
We have sun but we have some wind too...typical Spring day!

Sunrise Sister said...

Gorgeous painting and reflects the gorgeous day today that we've had in Walla Walla - the sun shining does lift one's spirits!

Dean Grey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dean Grey said...

I think working a larger size suits you, Katherine! So much to see in this one. Not a boring spot on the canvas!

I love the colors here, especially the reds!

So is that circular shape in the middle representative of the sun? I like it!

Also, I love the movement in this one, specifically how the whites and the reds (in the lower left) streak horizontally. Almost reminds me of wind currents.

Very neat!

-Dean

Don Gray said...

This painting is awash in light, Katherine--bold and beautiful (isn't that the name of a soap opera?) Amazing how that suggestion of an oval creates such structure in this painting.

Jeff said...

Great artwork! Light is a great thing, and reflects the feelings that you captured here. I like the title, Pollination. Perfect.

If you ever need help with your printing, we'd love to print your work. We are a master giclee printer of 10 years, in Denver serving artists wround the world.

Cheers!
Jeff

Katherine said...

Thank you Jeane. I wish you could too, then I would meet you. Maybe someday, we don't live that far from each other.

Katherine said...

Thank you Mary Ann.

Katherine said...

Dianna thank you for commenting and visiting. It's another sunny day!

Katherine said...

Dean I hate to admit it but your guess is as good as mine as to what anything represents in my paintings...I just paint them. And yes I love painting larger formats, I feel freer. Thank you.

Katherine said...

Thank you so much Don. It is always great to hear what you have to say.

Katherine said...

Thank you Jeff for your comments. I will keep you in mind for printing.